jueves, 3 de octubre de 2013

Poetry: Lord Byron - Hebrew Melodies - Part 6 - Sun of the sleepless - My bosom as false a thou deem'st it to be - Herod's lament for Mariamne - Links to more Byron





SUN OF THE SLEEPLESS.

Sun of the sleepless! melancholy star!
Whose tearful beam glows tremulously far,
That shew'st the darkness thou canst not dispel,
How like art thou to joy remember'd well!
So gleams the past, the light of other days,
Which shines, but warms not with its powerless rays;
A night-beam Sorrow watcheth to behold,
Distinct, but distant -- clear, but oh, how cold!





MY BOSOM AS FALSE AS THOU DEEM'ST IT TO BE.

Were my bosom as false as thou deem'st it to be,
I need not have wander'd from far Galilee:
It was but abjuring my creed to efface
The curse which, thou say'st, is the crime of my race:

If the bad never triumph, then God is with thee!
If the slave only sin, thou art spotless and free!
If the exile on earth is an outcast on high,
Live on in thy faith, but in mine I will die.

I have lost for that faith more than thou canst bestow,
As the God who permits me to prosper doth know:
In His hand is my heart and my hope -- and in thine
The land and the life which for Him I resign.





HEROD'S LAMENT FOR MARIAMNE.

Oh, Mariamne! now for thee
 The heart for which thou bledst is bleeding:
Revenge is lost in agony,
 And wild remorse to rage succeeding.
Oh, Mariamne! where thou art
 Thou canst not hear my bitter pleading;
Ah! couldst thou -- thou wouldst pardon now,
 Though Heaven were to my prayer unheeding.

And is she dead? -- and did they dare
 Obey my frenzy's jealous raving?
My wrath but doom'd my own despair:
 The sword that smote her's o'er me waving. --
But thou art cold, my murder'd love!
 And this dark heart is vainly craving
For her who soars alone above,
 And leaves my soul unworthy saving.

She's gone, who shared my diadem;
 She sunk, with her my joys entombing;
I swept that flower from Judah's stem,
 Whose leaves for me alone were blooming;
And mine's the guilt, and mine the hell,
 This bosom's desolation dooming;
And I have earn'd those tortures well,
 Which unconsumed are still consuming!






Childe Harold's Pilgrimage


Hebrew Melodies

Manfred:

Theatre:











Poetry: Lord Byron - Hebrew Melodies - Part 6 - Sun of the sleepless - My bosom as false a thou deem'st it to be - Herod's lament for Mariamne - Links to more Byron




Ricardo M Marcenaro - Facebook

Blogs in operation of The Solitary Dog:

Solitary Dog Sculptor:
byricardomarcenaro.blogspot.com
Solitary Dog Sculptor I:
byricardomarcenaroi.blogspot.com/

Para:
comunicarse conmigo,
enviar materiales para publicar,
propuestas comerciales:
marcenaroescultor@gmail.com

For:
contact me,
submit materials for publication,
commercial proposals:
marcenaroescultor@gmail.com

My blogs are an open house to all cultures, religions and countries. Be a follower if you like it, with this action you are building a new culture of tolerance, open mind and heart for peace, love and human respect. Thanks :)


Mis blogs son una casa abierta a todas las culturas, religiones y países. Se un seguidor si quieres, con esta acción usted está construyendo una nueva cultura de la tolerancia, la mente y el corazón abiertos para la paz, el amor y el respeto humano. Gracias:)



(::)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario