lunes, 30 de marzo de 2015

Poetry: James Joyce - Because Your Voice Was at My Side - Bid Adieu to Maidenhood - Bright Cap and Streamers - Links to more JJ




Because Your Voice Was at My Side

Because your voice was at my side
I gave him pain,
Because within my hand I held
Your hand again.

There is no word nor any sign
Can make amend -- -
He is a stranger to me now
Who was my friend. 




Bid Adieu to Maidenhood

Bid adieu, adieu, adieu,
Bid adieu to girlish days,
Happy Love is come to woo
Thee and woo thy girlish ways—
The zone that doth become thee fair,
The snood upon thy yellow hair,

When thou hast heard his name upon
The bugles of the cherubim
Begin thou softly to unzone
Thy girlish bosom unto him
And softly to undo the snood
That is the sign of maidenhood. 




Bright Cap and Streamers

Bright cap and streamers,
He sings in the hollow:
Come follow, come follow,
All you that love.
Leave dreams to the dreamers
That will not after,
That song and laughter
Do nothing move.

With ribbons streaming
He sings the bolder;
In troop at his shoulder
The wild bees hum.
And the time of dreaming
Dreams is over -- -
As lover to lover,
Sweetheart, I come.




Poetry: James Joyce - Because Your Voice Was at My Side - Bid Adieu to Maidenhood - Bright Cap and Streamers - Links to more JJ






Ricardo M Marcenaro - Facebook
 

 Current blogs of The Solitary Dog
Solitary Dog Sculptor:
http://byricardomarcenaro.blogspot.com
Solitary Dog Sculptor I:
http://byricardomarcenaroi.blogspot.com



Para comunicarse conmigo:
marcenaroescultor@gmail.com
For contact me:
marcenaroescultor@gmail.com



My blogs are an open house to all cultures, religions and countries. Be a follower if you like it, with this action you are building a new culture of tolerance, open mind and heart for peace, love and human respect.

Thanks :)

Mis blogs son una casa abierta a todas las culturas, religiones y países. Se un seguidor si quieres, con esta acción usted está construyendo una nueva cultura de la tolerancia, la mente y el corazón abiertos para la paz, el amor y el respeto humano.

Gracias :)









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario